day in the life of Kel

Some of the things that happen in the run of a day of Kelly. Hope you all enjoy. Don't forget to leave your comments.

Thursday, February 22, 2007

Back from Cuba...24 hours late












Picture on top: I know, its blurry but just put it here for everyone to see the red line showing my flight ....DELAYED.
Picture on the bottom: what the airport looks like when you are there 5.5 hours before your flight waiting to check your luggage.
I am back from Paradise. My flight was delayed a full 24 hours more or less and at first I was upset. I was at the airport for like an hour and a half on February 19th, before someone decided to come tell all of us standing in line to check our luggage that our flight for 11:45pm would not be leaving until the next day. At first I thought they were lying to us or something....couldn't understand why it was delayed and they couldn't tell us. I got Yuni to talk to her more in Spanish to see what he could find out and at least he got a phone number for us to call the next day to see when it would be leaving.
We called many times throughout the day with the flight leaving at 11:30am, then 2:30pm then 4:30 pm and then 7:30pm. I thought ok that should be it but just as I was about to leave for the airport I got a text from Sam saying she called and the flight was delayed again till 9pm. The problem was our plane was comming from St.John's, NF and they had had a huge blizzard. So at least we knew why.
I went to the airport at 4pm as my cab was waiting for me and Yuni stayed right with me until I went through security. ....he always does. Thank God he had the night before because I would have been left there. They were going to put me up in the hotel Blu but I wanted that night with him. So we went back to the Casa we had rented all week. We were lucky it wasn't rented that night. Anyhow they say everything happens for a reason and I think we just needed another night. Even though I was mad for having to miss another day work, had no money left and had to use his money for the extra night at the casa and all that....it all worked out and he always makes sure I am ok before he leaves the airport. The trip was awesome and will try to post more about it.
Glad to be home.

1 Comments:

  • At 7:56 AM , Blogger jen said...

    yep, everything definitely happens for a reason!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home