day in the life of Kel

Some of the things that happen in the run of a day of Kelly. Hope you all enjoy. Don't forget to leave your comments.

Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Donating Blood

Well it was that time again for me to donate blood to Canadain Blood Services. I went last night and it was a little slower of a process then before when I gave blood in Freddy, but it was mainly because they didn't put out enough beds. It always feels so good after giving blood as you feel like you have helped someone out there. And with me I have the rare blood type O so my blood can be used by anyone with any blood type. It is great for others in that way but the only thing is if I ever needed blood I can only use my own type. I have given blood about 4 times now. Tried for more but was turned down a few times because I had gone south or had just gotten the hep shot. I would have never thought to start doing this if it wasn't for my good friend Jen M. She has been doing it for years now and goes faithfully every 3 months. I got my mom to start donating with me. I guess she did it years ago before me and my brother came along but she started up again last night. All I can say it is a really good feeling to know you may have saved a life. I hope that everyone will donate at some point in their life if not regularly.
"Blood its in you to give" You can call any time to set up an appointment so that there isn't such a long wait... 1-888-236-6283 or www.bloodservices.ca

1 Comments:

  • At 4:54 PM , Blogger jen said...

    this post reminded me that i have an appt. for this wednesday i believe...and you are absolutely right, it feels so good to donate blood, makes you proud of yourself or something...and it's so simple to do! glad you are keeping it up in the chi!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home