day in the life of Kel

Some of the things that happen in the run of a day of Kelly. Hope you all enjoy. Don't forget to leave your comments.

Thursday, December 29, 2005

Out West


So my brother is out west again this year. He went really early though and wasn't here for Christmas....which sucked but what can ya do. When he is out west he does what they call seismic, which is from what I understand blasting for oil and other minerals. The picture you see here is one of the little machines my brother is driving that makes the ground vibrate instead of using dynamite. He called us a few times on his cell while doing this job. I think he really enjoyed using these little vibs. He left to go out west this year the first of November and will be returning sometime after March. We will be glad to see him again. Not exactly the easiest job in the world to do or the safest. He worked from the second he got off the plane in November till Christmas without a day off and working 12-16 hour days for the most part. He did take 5 days off to rest at Christmas but not much of a Christmas. He is back to work today and god knows when another day off will come. Usually only happens if machinery breaks or if the ground gets too soft. So that is my story of what I know about seismic.

Oh and they've met some friends along the way. :)

2 Comments:

  • At 8:57 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Hey kelly!

    I finally checked out your site! This is pretty neat! Today the weather is crappy! I'm supposed to be at my friend's house but she lives way out near Crabbe Mountain and Jeff said that the roads are slippery and wet and its foggy..so i'm home with Bailey! I've never been to my friends house yet but I was asking for directions and she calls her house the peppermint patty because its green and brown. so now my visual image isn't a house?!! Santa found us, I had a really, really nice xmas! Hope you have a great New years Eve!!! and new years!!
    Keep writing!!

    steph

     
  • At 9:14 AM , Blogger jen said...

    i like that pic with the cows. i love cows. they make me happy. bring on 2006!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home