AHHH CUBA!!! ohhh Yuni...ohhh Hebert...
I love Cuba!!! So it was July 2 at 9pm when we arrive in cuba. I am so excited to see Yuniesky, Hebert and everyone but also feeling sick. Sick in the way that I am wondering if everyone at the resort will remember us but more importantly how ackward it might be between Yuni and I. So we get through customs and get our luggage and on the bus. We have 4 stops at other resorts before getting to ours and each time we pull up to a resort my stomach gets more and more nervous. Finally we arrive at Playa Varadero 1920 at about 10pm. We get our room and is not the one we requested but we got things straightened out to at least have two beds as the initial room was a bed and a cott. So we freshen up and are ready to head down to the show. First we make a stop at the 24hr bar by the pool and see Humberto...he remembers us. He is happy to see us and my stomach starts to settle a bit. Then just as we get our drink the show is ending and they are doing the dances at the end. We walk over and there is Hebert on the stage. He looks right at us a few times but don't seem to notice. ...I don't see Yuni anywhere. So we walk to sit in a seat and then Hebert sees Sam. His face showed so much excitement it was awesome. He for once couldn't wait to get off stage. He came and talked to us for a minute then said he was going to shower and would meet us at the bar. Still no sign of Yuni. So as we get up and start to walk I look back toward the DJ booth one more time and there he is walking toward me. My heart was racing and I was shaking ...so nervous. But it wasn't ackward once he got to me. He hugged me and did the kiss on the cheek thing. We were so happy to see each other. It was amazing. I loved every minute of it. So we had some drinks and went the disco. I found out later that Yuni's friend that I hadn't even met but knew me from last time and seen my pictures seen me arrive and called and told him I was there. How sweet.
Our week with Hebert and Yuni was amazing. The best. We spend pretty much the whole time there with them. On wednesday we rented scooters and went to their city of Matanzas. It was so beautiful and fun. We lost Hebert and Sam for a period but caught up later. Poor Sam and Hebert had a few scooter spills and Sam messed up her leg as it touched the muffler and she got burned but she lived. haha. We rented each a house for $20 for the night. They were really nice and I wish I had of taken pictures. The lady came and cook us a big meal that night too.
So the four of us had a candle light supper that started with home made bean soup, then a salad of veggies, a roll and then lobster with fries and rice and a bottle of wine. Sam was funny at supper at one point she was trying to cut a piece off her lobster and just like in the movie pretty woman when the food goes flying across the room...well the piece of lobster went flying...onto my plate. I laughed so hard I had to get up from the table for a minute to calm down.
After we were done the lady came back and cleaned everything. Thats what you call service. And it wasn't expensive at all...for all that was $28 for 4 for the meal and $5 for the wine. ....so like $11 each for all that and everything cleaned and done for ya.
I met Yuni's daugher, Alexia. She is beautiful and so sweet. I was kinda shy around her just cause it was the first time meeting her and she doesn't speak english. I guess she understands it though. I also met alot of Yuni's friends. He was taking me all over Matanzas and introducing me to everyone it seems. They were all so nice and love how friendly they are and how they greet you with a kiss on the right cheek.
So when we go back in october we are just going to all rent the one hour for the week. Will be so nice. Can' t wait.
This is Alexia and her dad, Yuniesky.
Our week with Hebert and Yuni was amazing. The best. We spend pretty much the whole time there with them. On wednesday we rented scooters and went to their city of Matanzas. It was so beautiful and fun. We lost Hebert and Sam for a period but caught up later. Poor Sam and Hebert had a few scooter spills and Sam messed up her leg as it touched the muffler and she got burned but she lived. haha. We rented each a house for $20 for the night. They were really nice and I wish I had of taken pictures. The lady came and cook us a big meal that night too.
So the four of us had a candle light supper that started with home made bean soup, then a salad of veggies, a roll and then lobster with fries and rice and a bottle of wine. Sam was funny at supper at one point she was trying to cut a piece off her lobster and just like in the movie pretty woman when the food goes flying across the room...well the piece of lobster went flying...onto my plate. I laughed so hard I had to get up from the table for a minute to calm down.
After we were done the lady came back and cleaned everything. Thats what you call service. And it wasn't expensive at all...for all that was $28 for 4 for the meal and $5 for the wine. ....so like $11 each for all that and everything cleaned and done for ya.
I met Yuni's daugher, Alexia. She is beautiful and so sweet. I was kinda shy around her just cause it was the first time meeting her and she doesn't speak english. I guess she understands it though. I also met alot of Yuni's friends. He was taking me all over Matanzas and introducing me to everyone it seems. They were all so nice and love how friendly they are and how they greet you with a kiss on the right cheek.
So when we go back in october we are just going to all rent the one hour for the week. Will be so nice. Can' t wait.
This is Alexia and her dad, Yuniesky.
She loves her dad.
for more pictures of the trip go to http://kelsplace0.spaces.msn.com/photos/?_c02_owner=1

1 Comments:
At 5:10 PM ,
jen said...
sounds like you guys had a great time, and reconnected with your guys! great pics on the site too!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home