Me & My Future Husband
Yes its true.... Yuniesky and I will be getting married. We have decided that October 2007 will be the right time. As of right now we have narrowed it down to the week of October 7-13 but not the exact date. I have to be in Cuba 48 hours before I can be married as part of their law and we have to talk to the notary and set a place, etc. I think it will be held on the beach in Varadero if all goes well and then hoping to have the reception at the hotel everyone will be staying at. Ideally would make life easier and all to do it all at the resort but Cubans can't get married on a resort and can't even stay at one until they are married to a foreigner. They have some strange rules down there but part of living in a communist country, I guess. I am hoping to be able to go back before the wedding to get some arrangements made instead of having him do it all and me through internet. As it all comes together I will be sure to make a post about it here. Anyone and everyone is welcome to come. We haven't picked out the resort yet as prices for October are not out yet. But just let me know if you think you would want to come as we can add you to the list and we all can get a discount at the resort. The more the merrier.
As for those who can't make it, and believe me I understand....I am planning on having a reception when Yuni arrives in Canada, which could be 6 months to 2 years after we marry. And depending on when that is, we are hoping to have a small ceremony in the church to sort of do the vows over again then the reception after. All this depends on money of course and how long it takes for him to arrive. But will be sure to keep everyone up to date.

3 Comments:
At 3:00 PM ,
Anonymous said...
Hi Kelly:
Congratulationson to both of you on the upcoming marriage. Wish I could make it to Cuba for the ceremony but after all the summer holidays, I am sure I won't get the time off but hopefully will be around for the Canadian version.
All the Best in the world for you both!.......Love you ....Louise
At 10:18 PM ,
Anonymous said...
congrats!!!!
At 7:53 AM ,
jen said...
congrats on the upcoming nuptials! won't be making it to cuba in october, you may of heard i'm busy that week! ha! but the chi, count me in!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home